Virtual Roentgen and Gamma Observatory (VIRGO)
"VIrtual Roentgen and Gamma Observatory (VIRGO)" is a joint project of the Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics (Kiev, Ukraine), Astronomical Observatory and Physics Department of the Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University (KNU), and Main Astronomical Observatory of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
It is aimed at providing access to the data of high-energy astrophysics and analysis software to Ukrainian astronomers and astronomy students.
This project provides the Ukrainian scientists with an unique possibility to take active part in numerous international projects, and also creates a number of "growth points" for newest branches of high-energy astrophysics and cosmology in Ukraine. Since the start of the VIRGO project in 2005, its participants have published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers in prestigious Western and Ukrainian journals, more than half of them - during 2009-2010.
- About us – What is VIRGO.UA? Main activities.
- News – VIRGO-related news archive.
- Staff – the motive power of the project.
- Students, involved in VIRGO educational seminars.
- Mirror of the Data Archive of the INTEGRAL sattelite.
- Documentation of analisys software.
- Presentations, materials of lectures and seminars.
- Conferences & Workshops
- Seminars – shedule of next seminars, archive of past seminars.
- Publications by project participants.
- Newsletters about seminars.
- Mailing lists for convinience of users.
- GRID – Virtual organization in cosmology and astrophysics.
- Forum – discussion of scientific and technical details of VIRGO research.
- Contact us